Colin's Journal

2007-01-27

New snowclone

For some reason, the phrase "that's no moon" popped into my head earlier today. I knew it was a line from Star Wars, but I couldn't remember who said it or how the rest of the quote went. "That's no moon, that's a .....". So I googled "that's no moon, that's a" (without the quotes), expecting to see the answer among the results. Instead, I see:
  • That's no moon, that's a cat's butt!
  • That's no moon, that's a fashion victim
  • That's no moon, that's a star wars snowglobe
  • That's no moon, that's a melon
  • That's no moon, that's a full operational LEGO Death Star!
  • That's no moon, oh, wait, yes it is.
  • That's no moon. It's a space station


Ah, page 3 of the result, there we go. It was Obi Wan who said it.

2 Comments:

  • Another Star Wars snowclone is "these are not the X you're looking for," where X = fluffy links, hacks, WMDs, gmails, etc. (at least, those are some examples that came up when I googled). I've definitely used that one.

    By Blogger Derek, at 7:02 PM  

  • hmmm....perchance you know where one might get a full operational LEGO Death Star?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home