Enough already
Okay okay, guys, the jig is up. Derek had me fooled for 10 or so comments, but even over instant messenger, he has a hard time keeping a straight face. I appreciate all of you participating in the gag, but you're not fooling anybody anymore.
Still, it's good to know I have so many friends. Or at least that Derek does, who are my acquaintances. Although some of you aren't even my acquaintances, which was kind of a dead giveaway. ;-)
Good one! Before I figured it out, I had already made a new folder in my mail program called "Blog comments", in response to my sudden popularity.
Still, it's good to know I have so many friends. Or at least that Derek does, who are my acquaintances. Although some of you aren't even my acquaintances, which was kind of a dead giveaway. ;-)
Good one! Before I figured it out, I had already made a new folder in my mail program called "Blog comments", in response to my sudden popularity.

12 Comments:
I can't find the 'Blog comments' folder. Where is it?
By
Anonymous, at 7:32 AM
Shoot. I hit enter before I was ready. I am no longer anonymous.
By
Anonymous, at 7:34 AM
Anonymous Gottfried, he means he set up a special filter in gmail so that any time someone made a comment in his blog, it went straight into a folder called "Blog comments."
And now, for no real reason, may I propose that we start commenting with jokes? Here's one I just read:
Q. What's red and smell's like blue paint?
A. Red paint.
By
Derek, at 1:24 PM
Okay, Mr. Grammar Police, there is so apostrophe in "smells" as in "smells like". Unless, of course, you're trying to show posession, as in "the smell's like" but that just does't make sense.
Okay, I've got one (this one comes from my nephew Joshua, like 4 years ago):
Why did the pilgrim's hat keep falling down?
Because his belt buckle was on his... oh dang it, I messed it up.
By
Karianne, at 2:14 PM
Okay, I've got another one.
How many psychologists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Only one, but the lightbulb has to WANT to... oh, crap I did it again.
By
Karianne, at 2:15 PM
haha, the real joke is, as I was poking fun at Derek for his grammar, I made a typo that made me have bad grammar! There is NO apostrophe, not "so" apostrophe. There, I think that covers it.
Can I pretend that was on purpose?
By
Karianne, at 4:59 PM
Yes, Karianne, you can pretend - that we care about the typo! :)
Derek that paint joke is great, and Karianne I like the Pilgrim one too - I think maybe Derek told me that once?
Here's my zinger or two (and I know at least Derek has heard these, but I've got nothin' new):
Q. What's brown and sticky?
A. A stick.
For my second joke I was prepared to type my own personal version of "The Aristocrats" but decided to hold off in the name of human decency.
Derek, you should type that one about the brick.
By
Anonymous, at 9:49 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Derek, at 4:22 AM
Okay, there was a man having a house built. The bricklayer had this huge pile of bricks, and when he was done building the house, there was only one brick left.
So he asked the man, "Hey, you want this last brick?" And the guy says no.
So the bricklayer just shrugged and threw it over his shoulder!
By
Derek, at 4:27 AM
Didn't like that one? Okay, here's another one.
This lady gets on an airplane carrying her cat. She finds her seat, and soon after the plane takes off, the man in the seat next to her gets out a huge cigar and lights up.
"Ugh!" the lady says, "I hate cigars! Please, put that out!"
"Well, lady," the man says, "I hate cats, so I'll make you a deal. I'll throw this cigar out the window if you'll throw your cat out the window."
The lady agrees, so she throws her cat out the window of the plane, and the man throws his cigar out right after it.
A few minutes later, she looks out the window and gasps! Out there on the plane's wing, clutching on for dear life, was her cat! And can you guess what it had in it's mouth?
That same brick!
By
Derek, at 4:29 AM
Here's a favorite of mine from Monty Python...
Q: Hey! What's brown and sounds like a bell?
A: Dung!
By
Anonymous, at 10:32 AM
Did you hear about the peanut? He was assaulted.
Get it? A salted!
By
Mrs. Harmon, at 9:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home