Casino Night
I went to our company Christmas party (err, winter holiday party) Saturday evening, and had a blast! We were allowed to bring a date, but my plan fell through so I took my friend Johnathan instead. There was an open bar, and I got to try a couple of new things (gin and tonic- gross, and vodka tonic- like sprite with an alchohol aftertaste). There was free gambling (and if you go bust, you get unlimited do-overs!)
I hit on a brilliant strategy after I left; go to the roulette table and put it all on Red 11, and when you lose, re-stake and repeat until you hit it. Then stop for the night, with 70 tickets (you get 2 to start, one number in roulette pays 35:1)
Instead, I played hold 'em all night and re-staked once. I wound up with 7 tickets, (you get 2,000 in chips to start, and 2,000 whenever you bust, and you get 1 ticket per thousand, afterwards. Split the tickets however you want among 5 hats for 5 prizes, and then there's a drawing for each prize). I actually won the palm pilot (it had almost no tickets; I strategized!), but then I realized I don't really have much to do with one. No killer apps for me, and I already barely use the tools I have. Cracking the plastic would be a waste.
Time to re-gift! I wonder who wants a palm pilot, but doesn't have one already, and wouldn't feel weird accepting pricey electronics from me?
I hit on a brilliant strategy after I left; go to the roulette table and put it all on Red 11, and when you lose, re-stake and repeat until you hit it. Then stop for the night, with 70 tickets (you get 2 to start, one number in roulette pays 35:1)
Instead, I played hold 'em all night and re-staked once. I wound up with 7 tickets, (you get 2,000 in chips to start, and 2,000 whenever you bust, and you get 1 ticket per thousand, afterwards. Split the tickets however you want among 5 hats for 5 prizes, and then there's a drawing for each prize). I actually won the palm pilot (it had almost no tickets; I strategized!), but then I realized I don't really have much to do with one. No killer apps for me, and I already barely use the tools I have. Cracking the plastic would be a waste.
Time to re-gift! I wonder who wants a palm pilot, but doesn't have one already, and wouldn't feel weird accepting pricey electronics from me?

2 Comments:
Uh... I could use a Palm Pilot. I'm not sure if you were planning to give me a Christmas gift though. I could offer you a meager amount for it like $20, but if you were planning to sell it you could get a lot more on ebay.
By
Barry Bishop, at 10:59 AM
I could use a Palm Pilot... TO WIPE MY HEINY!
And then I would give it to Barry.
By
Derek, at 11:35 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home