Colin's Journal

2006-08-05

Saturdays

Man, except for one hiccup, this has been a great day. This morning I went over to my friend Jonathan's house and got a tour of the Xbox 360 and "Xbox Live Marketplace", and left VERY impressed. I now have a Gamertag, "ckmoney", and 15 points on it! Beat that, everybody else!

After that I got to hang out with Kaeta and the Kurths for a while, which is always a lot of fun. Kaeta is either an unusually happy baby, or she likes me, or some combination of the two, because every time I see her she's burbling and happy. Also, every time I see her, she's a little bit closer to being a toddler. She spent about half of the time I saw her today standing on two legs, and if she was holding on to something most of that time, it was just barely.

Then Derek and I discovered, much to my suprise, that the TV stand he sold me would actually fit in my back seat, and I was able to get it home and upstairs by myself.

The terrible hiccup in the day is that while unhooking the TV in order to transfer it to the new, stable table, the old wobbly table flipped over and dropped my TV on the floor. The picture tube is seriously screwed up, and if the repair place I'm taking it to on Monday can't fix it cheap, I'm going to have to throw it out. And the place I bought it from is out of business, so I can't exactly take advantage of my warranty (which is probably expired anyway).

And right now, there's a concert going on 20 yards from my balcony. It's kinda late, I'd be pissed if they guy wasn't so good. I love this neighborhood. (Right now he's singing "Every Rose Has A Thorn")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home