Colin's Journal

2006-07-10

Disney Bossa Nova

So I heard about this really interesting sounding CD... famous Brazilian Bossa Nova artists each do their interpretation of a classic Disney tune. So I hop on iTunes to sample the tracks, and no luck. It's okay! I'm used to that! iTunes has the occasional rare gap in its library. But I know Amazon has got by back!

Hm. Didn't expect this problem. There are
one
two
three
four
different versions.

They have 13, 14, 15, and 17 tracks, cost $20, $50, $45, and "Out of Stock", and all have different jacket art.

What's with big companies thinking they have to do business so radically differently in different countries? Those mooks at the MPAA think they have to legislate that no DVD player may play movies from another country. The mooks at Disney think Americans will be baffled a few of the tracks on a CD composed entirely by Brazilians.

I'm sick of being patronized! If you cater to the lowest common denominator, you piss off elitist snobs like me. But if you cater to the modern global citizen, the lowest common people will still buy your CD, I promise! It'll make 'em feel classy, even!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home