I underestimated!
Last time I took the bike trails as far north into Austin as I could, I didn't realize how far from the end I stopped! Today after work I took the same trail all the way to Lamar and 31st, without ever crossing a street or getting near a car. It got bumpy in places, but noth of 9th is where it really got interesting. The trail had all these historical markers like "Here General Lee set up camp from November through February on a campaign to suppress looting and pillaging, and lost 40 men to a cholera outbreak." Or, my favorite "Here is the reputed general location of a buried treasure that caused an outbreak of treasure fever in the early 1900s. The town treasurer misappropriated $4,000 of city funds on a failed quest to dig up the treasure. O'Henry, who was living here at the time, wrote a story about it."
Cool stuff!
Unfortunately, at about the last historical marker, I bent low to duck a branch at the same time I hit a large rock and my handlebars shot up. I bashed my lip and nearly crashed from the shock of pain. There was a little blood. Yuck.
Cool stuff!
Unfortunately, at about the last historical marker, I bent low to duck a branch at the same time I hit a large rock and my handlebars shot up. I bashed my lip and nearly crashed from the shock of pain. There was a little blood. Yuck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home