Colin's Journal

2006-06-26

Fun in Austin

Man, Austin's bike trails are awesome! Last night I saw on the internet that there was a free jazz concert downtown near the central library. So tossed a book in a bag, hopped on my bike, hit a gas station for gatorade, taco bell for some dinner (1090 calories! 70% RDV saturated fat! youch!), and headed out on the bike trails to get downtown.

But I stumbled across an (obviously rarely used) offshoot from the Town Lake bike trails that took me from my apartment, all the way to 9th and Lamar, without crossing a single street! I only walked a couple of blocks up a steep hill and I was there! And those blocks were under light construction, so I didn't bike past a single car.

The only thing that would have made the evening more fun would be anybody to share it with! (Well, it would also have been more fun if ants didn't crawl up my shorts during the performance. Next time, I'm remembering to bring a lawn blanket.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home