Colin's Journal

2006-03-13

Bike Ride

I went on a monumental bike ride this weekend! On Saturday, I felt like getting some exercise so I took off south west and looped through a neighborhood, cut through Walnut Creek Park, and headed north-west past MoPac. I explored the construction at the new tollroad and found an interesting train yard and some beautiful mansions on an unobtrusive winding road.


Sunday, I felt more ambitious, so I set out to ride to Derek's place in Pflugerville (intentionally failing to consult a map ahead of time). I crossed under I-35 on the slope of walnut creek (45° slope - takes strong ankles!). Then I headed north on the access road for a quarter mile until I could turn off into a construction area. I found backroads and even a couple of dirt trails and managed to make my way WAY north, overshooting Derek's by a couple of miles! I wandered through the residential neighborhoods up there for a while until I regained my bearings, and made it to Derek's in just about 2 1/2 hours. He wasn't home, so I took off west on Wells Branch to MoPac and went south to Parmer and back home. Four and a half hours total! I didn't know I had that much stamina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home