I have a dream....
I have a dream to design a piece of software which can be used to reduce any sufficiently logical debate into a series of facts, where if you accept all of the facts, you MUST accept the proposition. And if you don't accept at least one of the facts, you REALLY shouldn't accept the proposition. Would you use such a thing?
I think there's sufficient value in being able to reduce the big debates of today ("Abortion is ethical", "The bible contains 100% truth", etc...) to such a degree that people on both sides of the debate will be able to discard all of the illogical impassioned rhetoric and say "Ahh... there are the fundamental facts we disagree on. If that there fact were [opposite of what I believe], of course I'd switch sides in the great debate!"
Do you think such a site would be useful/used?
I think there's sufficient value in being able to reduce the big debates of today ("Abortion is ethical", "The bible contains 100% truth", etc...) to such a degree that people on both sides of the debate will be able to discard all of the illogical impassioned rhetoric and say "Ahh... there are the fundamental facts we disagree on. If that there fact were [opposite of what I believe], of course I'd switch sides in the great debate!"
Do you think such a site would be useful/used?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home