Colin's Journal

2005-09-29

Oops...



So, the other night, I'm in our apartment's workout room, using the recumbent exercise bike because it's one of the few machines that lets me read a paperback while I use it. It's been a long night, and by the time I finished it was midnight. As I open the door to leave the building, I hear something big crashing through the bushes that bracket the exit.

I figure I just startled a wild animal. A feral cat, or possum or something like that. But I don't want to just march out, because I have to approach the bushes before I can leave. I want to give the animal plenty of time to escape, and I want to make sure it knows where I am so it isn't startled again. So, I bark a few times. I can do a reasonable dog impression when I have to.

I don't hear any more movement, so I figure the critter is gone, so I dart past the bushes, and there's this woman standing beside her car in the parking lot, staring at me. Probably wondering why I was barking at the bushes and running around like a fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home