Colin's Journal

2006-03-09

Funny story?

Know what's funny? So, I own a mac mini, I have a macintosh computer plus the required USB apple keyboard and the mighty mouse. So I decide to sell the kit 'n kaboodle on craigslist because I upgraded to an iMac. Noel's friend Tony asked to just buy the mini by itself. Fair enough. Hey, huge coincidence! I got a guy on cragslist who asked to just buy the keyboard and mouse. Awesome! He emails me, I say "Sure, they're available seperately!". I suggest $20 off of the combined list price of $80. That's fair, right?!?!? Okay, fine, I don't expect to make my money back on this. The guy writes back "I'm just buying this for my brother. E-bay says they're much cheaper, etc..." Okay, fine, I accept his offer of $45.



So, okay, who cares what I sold my Apple peripherals for? So, what makes the story funny is, I google they guy's name after I accept his deal, and I found out he LITERALLY WROTE A BOOK called "eBarter Techniques"! This guy literally wrote the book on haggling the best deal out on the internet.

Oh, fine. It's not like I feel robbed. But Laksman DID find a good deal. :-) Notice to all skeptics! He apparently knows what he's talking about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home