Colin's Journal

2005-11-23

Food Poisoning

Man, I got food poisoning Monday morning, and I have never in my life felt so miserable. I broke my 14 year record of not throwing up, and I did it with a vengeance. I threw up so hard, for so long, that I actually strained a muscle in my back, and was sore for a few days (above and beyond general malaise). Monday morning I had a bagel with some (slightly too) old cream cheese, and a couple of hours into work I knew I'd have to take the rest of the day because I felt too bad.

By the time I got home I knew something was very very wrong, and a few hours after that, I went into the bathroom and didn't come out for another hour. Then I (foolishly) drove myself to the emergency room with a high fever and wobbly with nausea. I spent a couple of hours getting punctured and prodded, and was given a useless nausea med that left me too druggy to drive.

Derek (thank God for great friends) drove me home, and the next day I was sore, tired, but back to my old self. A $40 cab ride later I had my car back, and went in to work the next day. What an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home