Colin's Journal

2011-04-30

Wellesley Campus



Ah, the famous Wellesley College! This campus is so ridiculously picturesque. Every building seems designed to go on a postcard.



I wish I could have shot that one at an angle that didn't include the parking lot, but we were walking somewhere in a hurry.

Ellen's sister gave us a thorough tour of the campus, including a spot that has spontaneously come to be known as Platform 9 ¾. We stayed with her that night in the 84-year old Stone-Davis dorm, which is, um.... let's just say "built for efficiency". The rooms are shoeboxes! I thought I dormed on the cheap at A&M, but I was living in the lap of luxury.

It was slightly awkward sharing a leaky twin air mattress on a thin strip of floor, but I slept like a rock! The shower in the morning was even more awkard; apparently all of the bathrooms are also showers, and are all coed (despite it being an all-girls dorm). I could tell that the several girls in towels I passed were at least 20% horrified that I was there. And shouldering your way into a small group of girls in pajamas to rinse your toothbrush isn't near as fun as I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home