Colin's Journal

2011-04-19

Raleigh, NC

We detoured to Raleigh, NC, because Ellen saw too many troubling reviews of the hotels along I-95, our main route. But once we got there, the highly-rated and inexpensive hotel she had picked for us was full! We asked their maitre d' if he knew of any other hotels w/ open rooms (and called around some ourselves), but there was only ONE place in town that had any rooms, and they only had 2 left! (Apparently there are a lot of people here displaced by tornadoes.)

Luckily it was just a few miles to the available room, and while slightly pricier than we wanted, it at least meets all of my rather picky needs. I'm watching the season premiere of A Game of Thrones for the second time while we get ready for bed. Great show! I heard it already got picked up for a second season, based on the strong numbers from this one episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home