Colin's Journal

2009-06-11

Indiana Jones Hat



Do I look like Indiana Jones in this picture? I should - I'm wearing his hat. Ellen and I visited a haberdashery the other day, just to see what they'd have. When we went upstairs (where they keep the really good hats), my first thought was "ooh, I wonder if they have an Indiana Jones hat?" I asked the shopkeeper that very question, and he silently led me to a corner of the store and pointed.

Not only was it just like Indy's, it was actually a licensed Indiana Jones Brand Apparel item. With a little badge and everything. *sigh* Kinda takes some of the thrill out of it. I'm not imitating my idol, merely shopping from his catalogue.



It's just as well. I asked the guy why this one looked more "formal" than Indy's, and he said "Oh, in the movie his hat is filthy. Buy this, and tromp through a few sweaty jungles and dank caves, and it'll be a perfect replica." So, probably not going to buy one, but I DID just come up with a foolproof business plan - officially licensed Indiana Jones Brand hat breaker-inner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home